Google Chromecast is undoubtedly a whole new level of online video streaming in your television. Well, Google is known for its remarkable services and Chromecast being its product is admired very well. Even though, manufactured by a renowned company, Chromecast also can have problems and issues which you might need to troubleshoot. At times, Chromecast finds it hard to connect with an internet connection or sometimes doesn’t stream any content on the device, and the frustration begins when you don’t even know the reason for this unexpected behavior of the device.
Some users were able to deal with the problem as they performed a complete troubleshoot but most of the users still don’t know how to deal with the problem. Maybe you are also facing the same issue and looking for a solution for it. Don’t worry, resetting is a solution that you can efficiently perform and later reestablish the Chromecast connection with your devices. If you don’t know the steps to reset Google Chromecast, then follow the guide and troubleshoot the issue in a few minutes.
How to reset Google Chromecast
Before getting started, ensure that you have connected Chromecast with your TV or to Wi-Fi network.
- For those who have new Chromecast, open Home app on your phones.
- From the upper right corner, tap to open Settings.
- Tap to open a drop-down menu, again from the top right corner of the tab.
- Select Factory Reset.
- The will prompt you to confirm. Click Yes.
- If you have an older Chromecast, then the process can be different.
- Open Chromecast on your computer.
- In the Chromecast window, open Settings.
- Now select a Chromecast, if you have multiple of them, you want to reset.
- Now, click Factory Reset from the bottom of the window.
- Click Reset to confirm.
If in both, older and newer devices, the process to reset Chromecast fails, then there another way to reset the device. Sometimes, the problem rises to the extent that Chromecast doesn’t even connect with a device. In that situation how would you reset it? Well, there is a solution to that, and you will be able to perform the task quickly.
At the back of Chromecast USB port, you can find a small button. Connect the device with your TV and press that button for almost half a minute. You will notice a light blinked in the device indicating you to release the button. Wait for a few minutes, and the device will completely reset. Once the process is done, you can try initiating the process to setup Chromecast.