While sending a message to a recipient, if you are facing the iMessage is not delivering or receiving issue, then you must have attempted to troubleshoot the problem. Don’t be frustrated if you failed to fix the problem as the approach to fix it might not be correct. Are you still facing the issue? If yes, then follow the methods below and successfully troubleshoot the problem.
Here’s how to troubleshoot iPhone not sending or receiving messages.
It is possible that a problem in the messages can occur due to a bug in the settings. Not only this, but the inappropriate settings stored in the device can cause the problem to occur. In that situation, resetting the iMessage will help to resolve the problem of iMessage is not delivered or received.
- Open the Settings of your iPhone.
- Go to Message and tap to open it.
- Tap on Send & Receive section.
- Under the “You Can be Reached by iMessage at” section, make sure to uncheck all the email addresses.
- Now, go to the Apple ID at the top of the Settings menu.
- Tap to Sign Out the ID and move back to Messages.
- Now, turn off iMessage service and reboot your device.
- Let the phone reboot and wait for 10 minutes.
- Now again, turn on iMessage from the Message section in the Settings menu.
- Go to the Apple ID and sign in the Apple account in the Send & Receive option.
Reset Network Settings
If the whole network setting is facing the problem, then resetting the network will be helpful to troubleshoot the problem. Let’s see the steps to reset the network settings.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Go to General and tap Reset.
- Now, select Reset Network Settings.
- Enter the passcode if you are prompted to.
- Once the network resetting is done, you will need to reset your iPhone hard.
- Press the Sleep or power button and home button with it. Now, wait until the screen of the phone goes black, and Apple logo appears.
Have you followed all the methods mentioned above? If yes, and the problem persists, then you should note that there is nothing wrong with your phone. Since the methods are efficient and workable to remove the problem, the recipient’s phone or network is not working properly and facing some issues in sending or receiving the messages.