Sometimes it happens that you don’t want to use an app on your iPhone and try to offload unused apps to free up space. If you are also searching for a simple way to complete this task, then you are at the right place. This post will provide you with a simple process to offload unused apps from your iPhone. Let’s come to the point and try to remove unused apps.
Steps to Offload an Unused App:-
If you an app is installed on your phone, and you don’t want to it anymore, but the issue is this that you don’t want to delete the app. In this situation, you can choose the offload option for an available app until you don’t have any need for it again.
- To start this process, you need to go to the Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Your iPhone Storage screen will show all of your installed apps.
- It will also show you how much each of the apps is consuming the space on your device.
- You will also notice the previously used app or whether you have used it at all.
- You will see that all apps are ordered by size, largest ones first.
- You need to scroll from the list and then click on the app which one you want to offload.
- You will see that your total size of the app is changed into the App Size and the Documents & Data size.
- Offloading an app frees up the amount of space next to App Size.
- Click on the Offload app option to offload the chosen app.
- Then click on the Offload App again on the confirmation dialog box.
- Then you will see that the size of the Documents & Data got more significant, but it’s still smaller than the App Size.
After offloading any app, it will stay on your Home screen, or it can be saved in the folder you put it in. You will see a cloud download icon to the left of the app name you can click on this option to use this app again. The app will start downloading.
Then you need to click on the download app to run it.
Please note- Your data is still saved on your app.
How to Automatically Offload Unused Apps?
If you want that your iPhone automatically offloads unused apps to free on your phone space. Then you can use the below-mentioned process.
To automatically offload unused apps on your device, please follow the below given steps.
- First, you need to move to the Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Here, you’ll get to know how much space you can save right after unloading unused apps.
- Then click on the Enable next option to Offload Unused Apps.
- You will notice a green checkmark that says the feature is on and processing.
- You can get this same cloud download icon to the left of the app’s name on the Home screen.
After enabling the Offload Unused Apps to feature on your iPhone Storage screen, you get can it back in the same location. Even, you return to the iPhone Storage screen, and the setting is no longer there.