Originally, Symantec, the developer of Norton, launched Norton 360 security suite line for users with rudimentary technical knowledge, i.e. the users who simply wanted protection without many details. As time passed, Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 converged. The 2013 edition of Norton 360 was equipped with each and every security feature present in Norton Internet Security. One factor which made it different from Norton Internet Security is that Norton 360 contained tools for problem-solving and optimization.
Reinstalling Norton 360 on your computer becomes necessary in certain circumstances like when the Norton program becomes corrupted or damaged or when the hard drive gets formatted. Moreover, if your Norton 360 program is freezing, crashing, or not updating, then there is a high likelihood that it is corrupt and it requires a fresh install. Read on to know about the process to Reinstall Norton 360.
Things to do before Reinstalling Norton 360 on your computer:
Reinstalling Norton 360 is quite easy. Yet, you need to prepare certain things before you begin the reinstall process. Do the following before you reinstall Norton 360:
- Note down the product key: Your Norton Product key will be in your Norton Account. Sign in to your Norton account and note down the product key for Norton 360. Here are the steps to follow if you wish to retrieve your Norton product key-
- Sign in to your Norton Account from your web browser.
- Type in the email address and password which is linked to the Norton account.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Go to Products.
- Click on Norton 360.
- Click o the range colored link “Click to view” to see the Norton 360 product key.
- Note down the product key in a secure location. You can copy the product key and paste it in the password vault app.
- Download the latest version of Norton 360: You can download all the versions of Norton 360 except for the Norton 360 Netbook edition from the Symantec website. Here are the steps to download Norton 360:
- Go to your Norton Account and sign in using your email and password linked to the Norton account.
- If you do not have a Norton Account, click on Create Account and fill up the details to make the account.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Go to the download option in the setup window.
- Click on the option for entering a new product key.
- Click on the Agree and Download button.
- Download Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool: Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool helps in uninstalling the Norton applications and reinstalling their updated versions. Before downloading Norton Remove and Reinstall, ensure that your system has a reliable internet connection. Here is how you can download and use Norton Remove and Reinstall tool:
- Download the Norton Removal tool.
- Save the downloaded file to Windows desktop.
- Double click on the Norton Remove and Reinstall icon (NRnR) on your desktop and open it.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- Restart your computer system.
How to Reinstall Norton 360?
After preparing your computer for Norton 360 reinstallation by following the steps mentioned above, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Backup the Norton 360 online backup settings by executing BUdump.exe
- Open the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool if Norton 360 is presently installed in the computer system. If you computer has other products of Norton other than Norton 360 and Norton Online Backup, do not use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Begin the process of removing Norton 360 by using Norton removal tool. You will have to restart the computer system if you want the changes to be effective. You should skip this step if Norton 360 is not installed on your Computer.
- Open the Norton Download Manager tool. This tool will download the latest edition of Norton 360.
- Install the required edition of Norton 360, whether it is standard, premium, or netbook. Type in your Norton product key. Sign in to your Norton account when reinstallation is happening so that you can verify the Norton product and sync to the servers of Symantec.
If you require any assistance with reinstalling Norton 360 or any other Norton software, contact the Norton support by calling on their support toll-free number. To get more information about Norton product advanced features, connect with Norton Customer Support. If you have bought a Norton product key, then for activation go to www.norton.com/myaccount or visit Norton.com/setup.